As I stood out in my garden, I wondered, what am I going to do with all of these greens??? Here’s what I came up with. and as the taste test confirmed…
…pesto isn’t just about basil. This was amazing!
Lemon Thyme, Chive and Spinach Pesto
Yields about 1 cup
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon thyme
- 1/2 cup fresh cut chives or garlic chives
- 2 tablespoons grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Combine spinach, thyme, chives, and pecorino cheese in a food processor. Pulse until mixture is finely chopped and combined. Add pistachios and pulse a few times
- Slowly stream in olive oil with food processor running.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.