This soup too good to be true…simple to make, perfect for a meal on a hot summer night, perfect for a cold summer night…perfect for entertaining, perfect for picnics, this soup is perfect for just about ANYTHING!
I hesitated trying this soup, though I ran across numerous recipes, because i had the impression that this was a dessert soup, which it is absoluely NOT. Don’t make the mistake of passing this soup up. Make it NOW, and you can thank me later!
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 sprigs of fresh lemon thyme
- 6 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 1/4 cups cucumbers, peeled, seeded(optional)and diced
- 2 cups yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated in water or 2 Tbs. tomato paste mixed into 4 Tbs. water
- 3 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- basil leaves, freshly ground black pepper, and olive oil, for serving
- Add the Garlic clove, the lemon thyme, strawberries, cucumbers, peppers, 1/2 cup olive oil, tomato-paste water, vinegar, and salt to a bowl. Toss everything to combine, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and leave to marinate at room temperature for 3-6 hours.
- Puree the mixture together in small batches until very smooth then refrigerate until fully chilled.
- Before serving, taste and adjust the salt and vinegar if desired. Serve sprinkled with basil leaves, black pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil.