Macaroons posing as thumbprint cookies…suspicious.
Here’s the verdict.
A sweet coconutty cookie with a chocolate ganache filled crater smack-dab in the center, these will absolutely BLOW YOUR MIND.
I made these while the baby took a nap for some much needed “meditation” time.
These can be whipped up in a matter of minutes, perfect for an impromptu coffee break or dinner party!
- for the cookies:
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 TBS coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 2 TBS softened coconut oil or butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- for the chocolate ganache:
- 2 TBS coconut oil, melted
- 1 TBS raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 TBS coconut nectar or maple syrup
- a few grains of salt
- Put all of the cookie ingredients in the food processor and process until mixture sticks together. Scoop into 1 TBS sized balls. Place in the fridge for 5 minutes while you prepare the chocolate filling.
- Mix everything for the filling, in a shaker bottle or small blender until emulsified.
- Set aside.
- Remove the coconut balls from the fridge and flatten them into more of a cookie shape. Create an indentation in the middle of each cookie for your chocolate ganache.
- Carefully spoon the chocolate ganache into each indentation. Return to the fridge for 5 min for the ganache to set.
- Enjoy! No Baking Required!
if there are any leftovers, store them in the fridge, yet this is highly improbable.