made from zucchini…
April Fool’s is over.
In my world, you can feel good about being served a HUGE bowl of zucchini pasta!
There are a few things in my kitchen that I just can’t live without…one is what made these noodles….
1. My Vitamix
2. My Food Processor
2. My Traeger
4. My Spiralizer– the ingenious machine that makes noodles from vegetables.
Oh and in case you were wondering, it’s fun to use! Kids love these things.
It doesn’t have to be zucchini. Pick your favorite round veggie and get started. This makes it more practical for seasonal eaters as well.
I have made noodles out of:
Daikon Radish(great peppery flavor for chinese or thai inspired dishes)
Broccoli and Cauliflower Stalks
I have many spiralizers, and my absolute favorite is my Benriner Cook Helper Slicer. If you are serious about veggie noodles, get this one. It is great quality and will last you a long time. It runs about $50
I have this one as well. It’s a bargain and it works wonderfully, but doesn’t make angel hair pasta which is one of my favorites, and is what I use for “ramen”. This is around $30
Also you could use a Julienne Peeler, which will run about $10, this is the cheapest route to go, and is a great option if you aren’t sure you want a spiralizer or if you don’t have much room for gadgets in your kitchen…I might know a few people that have this problem…
This recipe without anything added is both Raw and Vegan so if you would like to add some good protein, feel free! We have had variations of this dish with sausage, chicken, shrimp and salmon.
Now get SPIRALIZING!
- 6-8 zucchini, run through a spiral slicer, spiroli, or julienne slicer. You can also peel these to make a pappardelle version.
- ¾ cup cashews or a mixture of cashews, pinenuts, or macadamias
- (soaked in water for 2 hours)
- ¾ water
- 2 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 TBS tahini
- ½ Tsp fresh grated nutmeg
- 3 cups arugula
- Run the zucchini through a slicer, or peel into long wide strips.
- *Reserve zucchini scraps
- Drain the water from the nut mixture. Rinse nuts.
- Add nuts to a high-speed blender.
- *Add Zucchini scraps to the blender.
- Add ¾ cup water, garlic, lemon juice, sea salt, tahini, and nutmeg to blender.
- Run blender on high, until the sauce is creamy. Taste and season with additional salt, and black pepper if desired
- Pour sauce over your zucchini noodles. Mix in arugula just before serving.