I made a delicious Tandoori Meatloaf about a week ago. It was delicious! I felt like the Tandoori spices took this traditional family comfort food to a whole new level. I will make sure to photograph and share this recipe with you next time I make it!
I had to find something to serve with the meatloaf, and I finally decided on a cold cauliflower rice dish, I added Chinese 5 spice and some ground cardamom, orange juice and zest, sultana raisins and roasted pecans.
The finished product was a perfect complement to the meatloaf. The rice would also be lovely with with Tandoori Chicken, or a Moroccan Spiced Tilapia.
Eat. Love. Nourish
- 1 head of cauliflower, steamed and processed into “cauliflower rice”
- ½ cup golden raisins(sultanas)
- 2 TBS dried currants or raisins
- 2 TBS parsley, chopped finely
- 2 green onions, chopped finely
- zest and juice of one orange
- juice of ½ a lemon
- ½ tsp Chinese 5 spice
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom or cinnamon
- 2 tsp maple syrup or honey
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup roased pecans
- Mix the cauliflower “rice”, raisins, currants, parsley, and green onions in a large bowl.
- Mix the juices, zest, spices, and maple syrup or honey in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the rice salad and mix. Add desired amount of sea salt and pepper to season.
- Top with roasted pecans just before serving.