The best dairy-free alternative to sour cream I have found. This cashew based sour cream is super creamy, with the perfect amount of tang.
Use it to top your tacos, as a base for sauces or dressings, or add a few drops of liquid stevia and serve it over fresh picked berries.
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for at least 2 hours)
- ⅔ cup water or thai coconut water
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- Blend everything in the blender until completely smooth. Chill and Enjoy! Good for up to a week in the fridge!
- *If a thicker sour cream is desired, add less water.