What could be better than a dollop of fresh pesto over a fillet of wild caught salmon?
A dollop of fresh Lemon Dill Pesto over fresh grilled salmon…
Yep, it’s that wonderful.
What’s even better? You can freeze it to enjoy the bounty of your garden herbs all winter long! This is a wonderful sauce that can be used on anything from roasted potatoes to gravlax. Here are a few of my favorite ways to use it:
- Of course serving it with wild caught salmon or any other fish for that matter…
- Sauté shrimp in lots of garlic and stir in a few TBS of Lemon Dill Pesto before seasoning with salt and pepper
- This pesto is delicious over chicken as well! Marinate the chicken in white wine vinegar, Dijon, honey, salt and pepper. Grill or bake and top with the Lemon Dill Pesto…TO DIE FOR!
- Top steamed or roasted carrots with it. Use as a topping for roasted carrot soup.
- Add to cream and vinegar based dressings, tzaziki, or potato salads.
- 1 cup packed fresh dill
- 1 cup packed fresh Italian parsley
- juice of ½ lemon
- zest of ½ lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons Dijon
- 1 tsp raw honey
- ¼ cup shelled walnuts
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper
- Add dill, parsley, lemon juice and zest to a food processor and chop. add the garlic, Dijon, and honey. Pulse about 10 times. Add the walnuts and pulse a few more times to chop. With the food processor running, add the olive oil in a steady stream to emulsify. Season starting with 1 tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper to taste.
eat. love. nourish.