As summer is winding down, we have been blessed with as much fruit as we can eat in the form of Montana grown Flathead Cherries, Dixon Melons, and Forbidden Fruit Orchard Peaches. Market Day Foods’ online market does the hard work, so that we can get all of our sweet luscious fruit from the same place, and with just a click of a mouse. A few weeks ago, we purchased a few cantaloupe, and a few watermelons…including a yellow watermelon.
Best. Melon. Ever.
We cut into the watermelon that night, and ate about half of it. The next day I made these Yellow Watermelon Margarita Frescas. They were cold and refreshing which was the perfect thing to cut this late August weather.
Celebrate your Labor Day in style, and make these part of your extended weekend.Dip the rims of some fancy glasses in coarse sea salt, fill with ice and the fresca (if you are feeling daring, add some tequila and triple sec to the mix) and garnish with a slice of lime and a sprig of fresh mint.
(BTW- this would also make wonderful ice pops. Just pour into popsicle molds and freeze.)
- 4 cups yellow watermelon, seeded and cubed
- 2 cups ice
- juice of 3 limes
- a pinch of salt
- 12 drops of liquid stevia or 1 TBS honey
- Place the watermelon, ice, lime juice, salt and sweetener in a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth. Rub the rims of 6 glasses with lime and coat with coarse sea salt.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour the watermelon juice over the ice.
eat. love. nourish.