These little gems were inspired by my good friend, climbing partner and wonderful neighbor Sadie Morales, who owns Sadie’s Catering out of Bozeman. Sadie is an amazing chef and prepares the most amazing food!
This summer I have had the honor of working with Sadie on some of her catering gigs, and the other day while making some Late Summer Vegetable and Bison Minestrone, I had the inspiration to re-make her famous Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Muffins paleo-friendly, and low carb.
How do you make corn muffins “paleo” if corn is typically avoided in the Paleo Diet?!?
these muffins don’t actually include any corn at all!
The super-yellow yolks in our pastured eggs make the muffins yellow to imitate the color of the classic corn muffin.
These sweet and very mildly spicy muffins are amazing served up next to a big bowl of piping hot Bean-Free Chili or any other soup for that matter.
To make these dairy-free, just omit the cheddar, and add a pinch more sea salt.
To make these even lower carb, omit the honey. Or give them an extra kick by adding another jalapeno to the mix.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1TBS raw honey
- 3 large eggs
- 3 TBS coconut oil, melted(+1 TBS to grease the muffin pan)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar or jack(optional)
- 1-2 jalapeno chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix the almond flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add the raw honey, eggs, coconut oil, and almond milk to a separate bowl, and whisk.
- Add the wet ingredients into the large bowl with cheese (if desired), and chopped jalepenos and mix just until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into 8 greased muffin cups, and bake for 25-30 minutes.
eat. love. nourish.