Christmas is almost here and it’s officially cookie season.
One of the traditions in our family is to make healthy candies/cookies to give away to friends during the holidays. You would be amazed how thankful our friends are to receive a box of yummy goodness, sans sugar, gluten and vegetable oil contained in most holiday cookie concoctions.
As an added perk, a homemade cookie is an amazing snack on a cold winter day along with a cup of piping hot coconut milk hot chocolate. And with this recipe, you can actually feel good about feeding your family, friends, and yourself nourishing whole food cookies, that are grain-free, raw, and naturally sweetened.
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 TBS coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 2 TBS softened coconut oil or butter
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- a pinch of salt
- coconut flakes for coating(optional)
- Put all of the ingredients except for the coconut flakes in the food processor and process until mixture sticks together.
- Scoop into 1 TBS sized balls and roll in flaked coconut.
- Store in the fridge…if they make it that far.
eat. love. nourish