The commercial New Year’s Resolution thing doesn’t quite appeal to me. Broken Promises, the crash diets, and the set-up for self loathing that goes along with it.
You might think I am being a little harsh here, but after many years of struggling with my body image and self esteem, I have finally found a love for myself the way that I am. Right now. In this moment, with all of my faults intact.
I had a realization after I gave birth to my baby girl, that I needed to do some work on myself. Some deep work…that wouldn’t be easy. I needed to do it for her, and of course for myself. I had to give ME permission to love ME without conditions.
This year, make your Resolution all about adding joy to your life, and love will follow. Make it about about spending more time with family and friends, getting out in the nature more often, or just taking better care of yourself.
If you take the risk, and do this, Trust me…Health WILL Follow!
“the most toxic food can’t hold a candle to the destruction incurred when every bite of food is swallowed with a hefty side of guilt, anxiety, fear or obsessive thinking” -Elizabeth, from The Nourished Life
Start on New Year’s Eve.
Surround yourself with the people that you love. Drink, Eat, and Be Merry!
And share one of my favorite recipes with them. Blue Crab, Avocado, and Mint in Endive Spears.
- 1 can of good quality crab meat
- ½ small red onion, chopped finely
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 4 mint leaves, chopped finely
- 2 TBS mayonnaise or aioli (preferably homemade)
- juice of ½ a lime
- hot sauce or garlic chile sauce to taste(optional)
- a few pinches of sea salt
- 1 Belgium endive(or 1 English cucumber)
- Mix the crab meat, red onion, avocado, mint, mayonnaise, and lime together in a small bowl. Add the hot sauce and sea salt to taste.
- Serve in endive spears, or on top of sliced cucumber.
eat. love. nourish.