Because here in the Northern Hemisphere, we always need a little more sunshine.
Even if it has presented itself in a glass.
*optional super food add-ins/or substitutions:
- substitute 1 1/2 raw goat/cow milk, homemade kefir, or yogurt for the thai coconut meat and coconut water
- add 2 TBS butter oil or 100% organic virgin coconut oil
- add 2 egg yolks (pastured farm/ranch eggs from a reliable source) to your smoothie
- Great Lakes Gelatin Collagen Hydrolysate (6 grams of protein per tablespoon). The collagen is also great for your hair, skin, nails, and connective tissue. I have also heard that it is good for cellulite, and is highly recommended for people who are trying to heal their guts.
- the meat of 1 young thai coconut (these coconuts are cylindrical and white)
- 1 cup reserved coconut water (add more if too thick)
- 2 oranges, peeled
- 2 bananas, peeled
- (optional frozen bananas, and omit ice makes a creamier smoothie.)
- 2 TBS goji berries
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ tsp tumeric
- 1 cup ice
- ¼ cup beet kvass (preferably homemade)
- Mix everything in the blender until creamy.
- Add the beet kvass, and blend on low until incorporated.
PS- don’t forget your vitamin D!
eat. love. nourish.