Sometimes you just need a pancake.
With Grade B PURE Maple Syrup.
and, a MOUNTAIN of pastured grass-fed butter…raw if you can get it…or make it yourself!
It’s good for you!
Don’t Believe me about the butter? Read THIS (If you aren’t doing dairy, top it with a dollop of coconut butter or coconut cream…)
Every time I would sleep over at grandma’s house, we would wake to a heap of hot cakes drenched in real maple syrup and butter.
No wonder it is comforting to me now.
I will tell you what isn’t comforting though…A stack of gluten-filled, GMO, pesticide treated, hybrid modern wheat that turns your digestion/total body function up-side down..
So I made my own version…using only 4 ingredients!
- Tapioca Starch
- Finely Ground Chai Spice
Serve piping hot, with a drizzle of pure maple syrup and slathered with a ridiculous amount of Grass-fed Pastured Butter.
- 4 Medium Bananas
- 1 TBS tapioca starch or coconut flour
- 2 Large Pastured Eggs
- 2 tsp finely ground chai spice
- Mash the Bananas with the tapioca starch.
- Add the eggs and chai spice and whisk until incorporated.
- Heat 1 TBS butter or coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Pour a few ¼ cup dollops in the pan and fry until they start to bubble on the sides.
- Turn, VERY CAREFULLY these are delicate. Cook for 1 minute more.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter!
eat. love. nourish.